Asparagus and Brie Wonton Tartlets
This simple but sophisticated appetizer is a great new way to showcase everyone’s favourite spring vegetable.
Recipe type: Antipasti
- 24 wonton wrappers, thawed*
- 2½ tbsp (40 mL) butter, divided
- 24 Mediterranean Gourmet Asparagus Spears cut into 1" (2.5 cm) lengths
- 1 French shallot, chopped
- ¼ cup (60 mL) white wine or low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Italissima Sherry Wine Vinegar or Italissima White Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 oz (120 g) Italissima Brie, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Brush wonton wrappers with 11⁄2 tbsp (25 ml) melted butter and press 2 wrappers into each mould of a muffin pan.
- In a saucepan, melt remaining butter on medium heat and cook asparagus for 2 minutes. Reserve in a bowl.
- In the same saucepan, cook shallot for 2 minutes.
- Deglaze with white wine and reduce by half. Add vinegar and reduce once again by half. Pour over asparagus and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide asparagus and Brie among muffin moulds lined with wonton wrappers.
- Bake on bottom oven rack for 15 minutes or until wonton wrappers are golden brown.
- *Thaw the wonton wrappers overnight in the refrigerator.
Asparagus and Brie Wonton Tartlets Recipe