Chicken and Cheddar Sliders with Cucumber Remoulade
A lighter take on the classic slider that hits all the right notes: fun, freshness, flavour and fabulous visual appeal. Ingredients
Recipe type: Antipasti
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Italissima Mascarpone Cheese
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (5 mL) lemon zest
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 English cucumber, seeded and julienned (or grated and drained)
- 1 lb (450 g) chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Chiquilin paprika
- ½ tsp (2 mL) Merchants Spice garlic powder
- ½ tsp (2 mL) cinnamon
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 12 bread rolls
- 5 oz (150 g) Italissima Smoked Aged White Cheddar, sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) baby spinach
- In a bowl, mix Cream Cheese with lemon juice and zest. Season with salt and pepper and add cucumber. Stir and reserve.
- Season chicken with spices. In a saucepan, melt butter on high heat and brown chicken 5 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
- Cut bread rolls in half without cutting through completely. Open and place Cheddar on bottom halves and heat in oven at 325°F (160°C) for 2 minutes or until cheese softens. Top with chicken, spinach and cucumber remoulade.