|Prep Time||2 Hours|
|Cook Time||10 Minutes|
- 40 grams Italissima Provolone Piccante
- 50 ml Italissima Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 Onion, Finely Chopped
- 200 grams Italissima Arborio Rice
- 750 ml Hot Chicken Stock
- 1 tbsp Finely Chopped Thyme
- 30 grams Butter, Coarsely Chopped
- Plain Flour
- 2 Eggs, Lightly Beaten
- 250 grams Fine soft white breadcrumbs, for coating
- Mediterranean Gourmet Sunflower oil for Frying
- Baby basil leaves and aioli to Serve
- Heat oil in a saucepan over low heat, add onion, stir occasionally until tender (3-5 minutes), add rice, stir to coat, then add stock, little by little, until rice is slightly overcooked and stock is absorbed (18 -20 minutes). Add thyme and butter and stir until creamy (1-2 minutes), remove from heat. Meanwhile, finely grate 15 g provolone, add to rice mixture, spread over a tray and cool to room temperature, then refrigerate to chill (1-1½ hours).
- Cut remaining provolone into 5 mm cubes and set aside. Shape walnut-sized balls of rice mixture with your hands, then push a provolone cube into centre of each, pressing rice around to enclose completely. Roll rice balls in flour, then beaten egg and finally breadcrumbs, shaking off excess in between, ensuring they are completely coated. Refrigerate on a tray to chill (30 minutes).
- Preheat oil in a deep saucepan or deep-fryer to 200C. Deep-fry arancini in batches, turning occasionally, until golden (3 -5 minutes; be careful as hot oil may spit). Scatter with baby basil and serve hot with aioli.