|Prep Time||15 Minutes|
|Cook Time||35 Minutes|
- 2 Apples, Peeled and Quartered
- 2 Peaches or Nectarines, Peeled and Quartered
- 2 Pears, Peeled and Quartered
- 2 Plums, Peeled and Quartered
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Mediterranean Gourmet Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Merchants Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Star Anise
- 2 cups Unbleached Flour
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Italissima Seal Salt
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Cold Butter
- 1 1/4 cups Milk
- 6 oz Italissima Brie, Sliced
- Preheat oven to 425oF
- In a large baking dish, mix fruit with ¼ cup (60 ml) brown sugar, lemon juice, vanilla and star anise.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, stirring a few times.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine dry ingredients with ⅓ cup (75 ml) brown sugar.
- Add cold butter and cut into dry ingredients using a fork, until a fine granular texture is obtained.
- Stir in milk until well combined.
- Remove fruit from oven, discard star anise and arrange Brie slices evenly over fruit.
- Place spoonfuls of dough on top of Brie and continue baking in the oven for 20 minutes. Serve hot.